Create animated banners, buttons, icons, and unique GIF images from your photos or videos, share them with friends or post them on social networks. GIF animations are widely used on different websites, in software products, emails, games, and other resources to grab users' attention. The following GIF makers work on Windows PCs so they will require no Internet connection to make animated images.
Create animated banners, buttons, images, and cartoons. It imports GIF, PNG, JPEG, BMP and ICO files and provides a lot of customizable options. Download its trial version and use it 20 times before buying the program for $29.95.
- Delivers numerous effects and transitions
- Searches for images on the web
- Generates HTML code to insert animation into a web page
- A clipart library
- Enables animation preview in a web browser
- Reverse animation
- Unable to create GIF images in batch mode
- Does not support ICO format as output
Make animated GIF images from pictures. The tool costs $29.95 and offers an unlimited trial version that will add watermarks to your GIFs. It supports numerous graphics formats, including JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, BMP, and AVI.
- HTML code generator
- Creates GIF images from command line in batch mode
- Provides special effects and transitions
- Optimizes GIF images
- No integrated image web search
- Does not support preview in a browser
- Creaton of icons is not supported
Falco GIF Animator makes animated GIF images and Windows icons from various image formats like JPG, PNG, BMP, ICO, CUR, ANI, TIFF, ICL for software products, games, web sites, etc. You can use its demo for an unlimited period of time without any restrictions on Windows Vista/7/8.
- Supports integration with other image editors
- Adds special effects
- Creates icons
- Supports loading from DLL/EXE
- Supports unlimited Undo/Redo actions
- Does not support GIF creation from video
- Has no HTML code generator
- Does not support batch mode
- Does not offer animation preview in a browser
It is an image editor with options to create animated GIF files. This free image editor creates simple GIF animations from your pictures and photos without any advanced options.
- Supports web browser preview
- Adds special effects and transitions
- Supports photo alignment
- Does not support creating GIF from video
- Unable to extract separate frames
- Batch mode unsupported
- HTML code generator unavailable
Create animated GIFs from both still images and videos of various formats, including AVI, MPEG, WAV, DAT, EVO, MKV, MP4, WMV, etc. The tool works on Windows and Mac computers. It is free for personal use but leaves watermarks on created GIFs. The paid version with tech support and no watermarks costs $59.99.
- Supports numerous input video formats
- Edits video and adds subtitles
- Includes themed objects and clip arts
- Provides various effects and transitions
- Not suitable for creating simple animated buttons and banners
- HTML generator not included
- Web browser preview unsupported
To make animated GIFs from photos and post them on social networks, use Easy GIF Animator - a perfect choice for common users as it features a great variety of effects and transitions. However, if you mainly work with video, then Wondershare Filmora can suit your needs better.
What tool do you usually use to create GIF files to share with friends? Tell us about your experience and share the tool you pick for GIF creation so that we add it to our list.